The Women’s Resource Centre (WRC) has published a new report on lesbian, bisexual and trans women in the UK. Entitled ‘All In Our Colours’, it highlights the key issues affecting these women and provides a picture of the sector supporting them, service available and threats these services face in the current environment.
The report brings together existing research on lesbian, bisexual and trans women in the UK and to provide a literature review and reveals the reality for these marginalised groups. Among the key findings are:
- There are very few services for LBT women across the UK and LBT women’s organisations are consistently underfunded.
- Organisations led by and for LBT women are particularly marginalised in terms of political influence.
- There is a lack of awareness of the issues facing LBT women, their support needs and the LBT population as a whole.
- There is little infrastructure and second tier support for LBT organisations and all too often they become add-ons to existing mainstream support.
- Most LBT organisations rely on volunteers to deliver their core services and many only operate as informal, local and volunteer-run support and social groups.
The report is available to download below or from www.wrc.org.uk
For more information about the report, contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7324 3042