Outrageous – a safe haven for gay, lesbian, bi and trans women.
Outrageous is a monthly friendly social and support group. We meet every second Monday of the month, 7.30pm to 9.00pm, at Derbyshire LGBT+.
The group enables women (18 years and over) to meet up, make friends and have a great time in a friendly, relaxed and safe space with like-minded people.
If you feel confident, all you have to do is turn up on the night. Or why not come early (7-7.30pm) and have a chat with the workers or volunteers? It’s a great opportunity to meet and find out a bit more about the group before the night starts at 7.30pm. We try to finish by 9.00pm.
The group is run by the members and they decide its activities, which have previously included:
- Party and Social Nights
- Guest Speakers and Workshops
- Bring-and-Share Buffets and BBQs
Meeting dates 2016
11th January – chill out session with tasters in head massage, meditation and drumming.
8th February –
14th March –
11th April –
9th May –
13th June –
11th July –
8th August –
12th September –
10th October –
14th November –
12th December –
Our guidelines for members and visitors, to make you feel comfortable and welcome.
- Always make people feel welcome.
- This is a no-pressure space, and we are here to make and be friends in a relaxed, safe and friendly environment.
- Have the freedom to be yourself and be respected.
- Refrain from using excessive bad language or engaging in any inappropriate behaviour.
- Everything that is said in the group stays within the group, and remains confidential.
- Everyone in the group, including visitors, should be treated fairly and equally, irrespective of race, ethnicity, faith, disability, gender identity, age, HIV status, economic status, marital status and sexual orientation.
- Talk to individuals about their culture and respect it, as we are all different.
- Any disagreements need to be talked about, supportively challenged and resolved by the end of the evening, so that nobody feels unable to attend the group again.
- Remember your privacy is important, and will be respected. Remember to give your personal details, email and phone numbers to others ONLY when you are ready.
- If the group needs to make a decision, a majority of two-thirds of the group is required.
- Smoking is not permitted on Derbyshire LGBT+ premises, other than in the garden/patio area.