Want to openly support your LGBT+ students, colleagues or clients, but aren’t sure where to start?
- Not sure when a Trans* student can have their name changed on their official college record?
- An employee comes to you asking for time off over the summer for her and her same sex partner to adopt, what do you tell her?
- A client asks for their pronouns to be changed to ‘They/them’ and to have no ‘Mr/Ms/Mrs/Miss’ on their record or communications. Could your current database accommodate them?
- Can a gay couple stay in your bed and breakfast/hotel in a double room for their honeymoon? What about them holding hands at breakfast?
- A member of your team has openly disclosed that they are bisexual, and has come to you very upset, reporting widespread bullying and harassment based on this. As a manager, could you effectively deal with it?
It can be worrying when you aren’t certain of the best way to handle a situation, and damaging if you choose to ignore it, so check through the links below for ways we can help.
You are welcome to contact us by e-mail or phone if you have any queries about LGBT issues in general, or queries connected with LGBT employment, law, provision of services or education. We can also provide half or full-day training sessions based around LGBT awareness, tailored to your needs. We also have provision for consultancy services, and are able to assist your business or service provision in many ways, for example; reviewing existing policies for LGBT inclusion. Please contact us to discuss your training or consultancy requirements.