Bidentity is our monthly social support group for people 18+ who self identify under the Bi- umbrella. The group meets every month on the third Tuesday of the month 6-8pm, and was set up to give Bi’s a safe and welcoming space to meet with other Bi’s.
The group is facilitated by volunteers but is run by the members. As such, the group decides its own activities such as trips, talks, games nights and workshops.
If you feel confident, all you have to do is turn up on the night. We do however recommend that first timers arrive a little early which will give you the opportunity to meet with the group leads, find out a bit more about the group, and get settled in before people arrive.
If you would like to know more about the group, would like to come to a meeting, or want to know the programme details for the next few meetings, please get in touch with Derbyshire LGBT+.
Our guidelines for members and visitors, to make you feel comfortable and welcome.
- Always make people feel welcome.
- This is a no-pressure space, and we are here to make and be friends in a relaxed, safe and friendly environment.
- Have the freedom to be yourself and be respected.
- Refrain from using excessive bad language or engaging in any inappropriate behaviour.
- Everything that is said in the group stays within the group, and remains confidential.
- Everyone in the group, including visitors, should be treated fairly and equally, irrespective of race, ethnicity, faith, disability, gender identity, age, HIV status, economic status, marital status and sexual orientation.
- Talk to individuals about their culture and respect it, as we are all different.
- Any disagreements need to be talked about, supportively challenged and resolved by the end of the evening, so that nobody feels unable to attend the group again.
- Remember your privacy is important, and will be respected. Remember to give your personal details, email and phone numbers to others ONLY when you are ready.
- If the group needs to make a decision, a majority of two-thirds of the group is required.
- Smoking is not permitted on Derbyshire LGBT+ premises, other than in the garden area.