Want to openly support your LGBT+ students, colleagues or clients, but aren’t sure where to start?
- Not sure when a Trans* student can have their name changed on their official college record?
- An employee comes to you asking for time off over the summer for her and her same sex partner to adopt, what do you tell her?
- A client asks for their pronouns to be changed to ‘They/them’ and to have no ‘Mr/Ms/Mrs/Miss’ on their record or communications. Could your current database accommodate them?
- Can a gay couple stay in your bed and breakfast/hotel in a double room for their honeymoon? What about them holding hands at breakfast?
- A member of your team has openly disclosed that they are bisexual, and has come to you very upset, reporting widespread bullying and harassment based on this. As a manager, could you effectively deal with it?
It can be worrying when you aren’t certain of the best way to handle a situation, and damaging if you choose to ignore it, so check through the links below for ways we can help.
You are welcome to contact us by e-mail or phone if you have any queries about LGBT+ issues in general, or queries connected with LGBT+ employment, law, provision of services or education. We can also provide half or full-day training sessions based around LGBT+ awareness, tailored to your needs. We also have provision for consultancy services, and are able to assist your business or service provision in many ways, for example; reviewing existing policies for LGBT+ inclusion. Please contact us to discuss your training or consultancy requirements.